20 January 2012

Weekend Inspiration

“Untitled # 0621”
Mixed Media  20”X 20”
“Untitled # 0582”
Mixed Media  20”X 20”

“Untitled # 0211”
Mixed Media  20”X 20”

“Nocturne in blue IV”
Mixed Media on Canvas 48”X 64”


I have forever been fascinated by beautifully subtle (and not so subtle), sensitive and abstract works.  I found this amazing artist Ivo Stoyanov through one of my favorite bloggers.  I feel like the linear marks carry a message or I can just get lost in the technique and gestures of the strokes. His work is complex, yet very approachable.  I just love it! Check out his website here.



2 comments:

  1. Wow- these are incredible- Thanks for sharing. Also, congrats to you for all the different ways you've fit creativity and art into your life since you became a momma...it is HARD and you've done an awesome job. I remember worrying too that I'd lost my ability to make art, because I hadn't done it in so long. It's a scary feeling. I remember someone telling me she believed it was more like letting a field go fallow...it needs to be done, and while you're addressing other important things your art isn't dying out, it's gaining strength- like a field gaining nutrients- so when you're ready to get back to it, it gives an even greater yield. I have found that to be true after every lull. You'll be fine, and so will your art and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan!!! Those words of support mean a lot, especially from someone with experience. I really appreciate your kindness and support.

    ReplyDelete