03 September 2014

The process












 (all recent sketchbook pages)


I've been riding one of those massive creative burst for a while now. Although it makes me feel a bit manic and distracted, it is awesome. I know it won't last at least at this level and that's okay. 

I felt it sort it wind down yesterday in the studio. My palette seems confused and my ideas weren't translating well. I've been doing this long enough that it usually means a transition is coming and it's working itself out. So this week I'll let my subconscious work it out while I play with the littles and get the house ready for the back to school rush. Perhaps if there are quiet moments I'll work on my small canvases. 

It feels like I'm standing on the edge of what's next. Hmmm... kinda like the start of a new school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment